Let’s be real here – who doesn’t want to keep a youthful look to their skin? Whether or not we’re willing to put dollars in to prevent the look of aging, we’re all looking for ways to stop the clock. We’ve got FIVE easy tips to help you keep that youthful glow. These simple steps can make a massive impact when done regularly.
So without further-ado…
1. Stay out of tanning beds – Yes, that golden sun-kissed skin has a certain allure to it, but when you expose yourself to the strong UV light of a tanning bed, the collagen and elastin fibers that keep your skin firm are broken down. This leads to wrinkles and an aging effect on your entire body. Yikes!
2. Wear Sunscreen- There’s a lot of chatter out there about the pros and cons on common sunscreen brands. We’re not here to confirm or deny – just to educate. It’s important to have a physical sunscreen meaning it contains either titanium or zinc. These ingredients act as a physical barrier to the sun, therefore bouncing the rays rather than absorbing them like a chemical sunscreen would. This is a key point in preventing aging skin – if you’d like more information on how to choose the right sunscreen, schedule a quick chat with Shareen so she can point you in the right direction.
3. Drink water - 70% of our skin is made up of water and, therefore, by drinking enough water every day you will ensures that your body stays healthy and looking youthful. Staying hydrated will help with the natural glow of your skin and rid it of many impurities. There’s always a new way to calculate how much water a person should be drinking, but we’re going to throw those rules out the window for now – just know that drinking extra water can keep your skin happy. So, if that means getting an extra glass in before bed and another first thing when you wake up in the morning, so be it. Whatever it takes to get more than you’re getting is likely a good thing.
4. Get facials regularly - Facials will help stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, preventing aging. We want to be proactive rather than reactive with our skin -maintenance is key. The combination of products and techniques used help stimulate collagen and elastin and lift and freshen up your face. Pampering yourself at home may not be as relaxing as a full spa experience, but with the right product and Youtube video, you can still have some anti-aging affects.
5. Girl, wash your face! – But really, washing your face will get rid of the excess dirt, bacteria and pollution that has, no doubt, built up on it throughout the day. When washing your face, be sure to use lukewarm water and not hot water as it can damage your skin, and rid it of natural oils you produce throughout the day.
That’s it! Five easy ways to keep your skin youthful. Keep an eye on our social pages to watch for more tips and new services that help with collagen and elastin pampering.
For more information on skincare treatments available at East Meets West Health contact our office at 403-394-3352 or book in for a meet-and-greet.